Wednesday, July 4, 2007

HAND PAINTED SILK WALL PIECES



I’ve always had a love for Koi. The Japanese associate Koi with perseverance in adversity and strength of purpose. Because of its strength and determination to overcome obstacles, it stands for courage and the ability to attain high goals. Watching them swim in my pond and seeing their different patterns of color, I wanted to work with the artists at Body and Art and recreate that vision in a piece of artwork you could hang. The above is a detail of one of the silk organza pieces that I hand paint. The pieces measure 90" by 22". I use organza because it has a stiff but sheer quality that makes the fish look as if they are suspended in water. They are sold for $375 at our studio and the exclusive Beverly Hills store; the Alley - 8465 1/2 Melrose Place - 323-655-1357 or contact info@bodyandart.com.

Happy Independence Day

PEACE, ROBBY
▶ www.robbyrobinson.net

No comments: